A Flexible, Nimble & Dynamic Team, Guiding Your M&A Transaction to Success
Transactions are complicated, and working with the wrong advisor can lead to failures in a deal process. The Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team at Bennett Thrasher serves as a full-service partner that can guide you throughout the continuum of the transaction lifecycle. We offer robust M&A transaction services for financial and tax diligence, as well as structuring and negotiation support.
Our approach and the depth of our M&A expertise is competitive with anything else you will find in the market. Because we have intentionally built our M&A Transaction Advisory practice differently to be more flexible and more nimble, senior members of the team remain heavily involved throughout the deal process. Our solutions are not one-size fits all, and we craft custom tailored solutions for a more dynamic approach to navigating your transaction. We are not a volume shop – we believe that our success will be measured in the depth of the relationship we are able to build with you and in the value we will add to your process. Your success is our success.
Bringing Real World, Hands-On Experience to the Deal Process
From sourcing to signing, through closing and integration, we have the expertise that, quite frankly, many other M&A transaction advisory shops are lacking. Professionals at Bennett Thrasher bring real world, hands-on expertise with not only direct experience at some of the largest firms in the world, but backgrounds in banking, finance and corporate development. Evaluating investments through the lens of a dealmaker, and not that of a number-cruncher, helps us focus on what really matters for our clients.
We work with both public and private companies as well as private equity investors on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. The senior members of our team have completed more than 500 successful transactions. Our clients are both international and domestic and seek both inbound and outbound investment opportunities.
Our key areas of expertise include:
- Buy-side and sell-side financial due diligence
- Traditional services:
- Quality of earnings analysis
- Working capital assistance and negotiation
- Identification of debt and debt-like items
- Off-balance sheet exposures
- Audit working paper review
- Additional services:
- Deep dive income statement and balance sheet analytics
- Operating metric and key performance indicator analysis
- Free cash flow implications
- Proof of cash modeling
- Synergy evaluation
- Forecast reasonableness assessment
- Traditional services:
Other financial transaction advisory services include:
- Seller readiness consulting
- Carve-out financial statement preparation
- Independent vendor due diligence reporting
- Corporate strategy and development outsourcing
- Transaction advisory sub-contracting
- Working capital and earn-out dispute resolution
- Customized services for early stage investors, mezzanine funds, lenders
An enormous number of tax regulations comprise the federal, state and local and foreign tax systems. These provide a daunting challenge to navigate when contemplating a transaction. Between income and non-income taxes, a company may spend 50 percent or more of its cash flow just satisfying tax liabilities.
Bennett Thrasher’s dedicated team of tax transaction advisors can help you navigate the complexities of federal, state, local and international taxes to preserve value. Our buy-side and sell-side tax transaction services include:
- Identifying and evaluating acquisition or sale structures to create tax efficiencies
- Evaluating and mitigating income, sales, property and payroll tax exposure areas
- Assessing company internal controls for tax compliance
- Assessing tax attributes, such as net operating losses and tax credits, that carry over to a buyer post-transaction including IRC Section 382 studies and Earnings and Profits studies
- Identifying applicable tax planning opportunities
- Reviewing tax sections in agreements and working with legal counsel to address your tax goals
- Income tax projections to illustrate net liquidity after tax
- Assisting in responding to due diligence requests
- Assisting seller(s) in determining eligibility for IRC Section 1202 Qualified Small Business Stock gain exclusion benefit
- Helping business owners with value acceleration and exit planning
Contact Our M&A Team Leaders
Bennett Thrasher believes in serving our clients by building trust through insight and involvement.
If you’re looking for a strategic partner in any transaction opportunity, we can help. Contact Vijay Vaswani, Zack Leder or Dane Harris to schedule a consultation.