Chris Benner is a Partner in Bennett Thrasher’s Personal Financial Services practice. Chris specializes in providing domestic and cross-border estate planning, personal financial planning and comprehensive tax services to businesses and affluent individuals. He has experience in successfully advising clients in a variety of industries and has developed a significant niche expertise in the entertainment industry, including touring musicians, songwriters and entertainment technology companies. His additional industry experience includes real estate, professional services, technology and corporate executives.
Chris has written tax and financial planning articles for the Atlanta Journal- Constitution and the Tax Advisor Magazine. He is a frequent speaker at The Southern Federal Tax Institute, The Atlanta Bar Estate Planning and Probate Section, The Atlanta Estate Planning Institute and The North American Entertainment & Intellectual Property Law Summit.
- Master of Science (Personal Financial Planning), Georgia State University
- Bachelor of Arts, Oglethorpe University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Atlanta Estate Planning Council Board Member
- Georgia Society of CPAs (GSCPA)
- Recording Academy Member
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Autism Speaks, Board Member
- Georgia Music Partners
- Oglethorpe University, Planned Giving Council Member
- Philanthropic Advisor Leadership Institute Graduate (2015)