Protect Your Legacy for Future Generations
In the complex area of trust and estate planning, much is at stake. You want to maintain control of your assets during your lifetime and after your death to ensure that your family, favorite charitable causes and beneficiaries will receive their intended inheritance and minimize the impact of estate and gift taxes.
Bennett Thrasher’s team of trust and estate professionals can help you plan in ways that will benefit you in your lifetime, as well as for generations to come.
We help our clients successfully manage their current estate tax exposure and facilitate the transfer of family wealth by:
- Analyzing your current estate plan to determine future income and estate tax consequences
- Preparing complex estate, gift and trust tax returns and providing estate administration
- Assisting in the creation of family trust and investment partnerships to facilitate the transfer of assets to the next generation
- Assisting in the creation of private philanthropic foundations, donor-advised funds and other charitable giving vehicles
- Planning for the succession of a closely held business to the next generation, employees or an outside party
Our professionals can help you navigate the various tax laws and regulations that govern trusts and estates and ensure you stay in compliance while protecting your legacy.
Estates and trusts have many complex tax obligations and failing to fulfill these obligations can result in costly fees and penalties. Often, family members will find that they have suddenly become a trustee or executor of an estate during a stressful life event, like the death of a loved one. Our professionals can assist trustees and executors in administrating trusts and estates following an individual’s death.
Our team has the knowledge and experience required to advise clients regarding any issue that may arise during the administration process, including:
- Handling trustee and court accounting along with record keeping and check writing
- Fulfilling fiduciary duties and powers of a trustee or executor
- Managing trust assets
- Coordinating with attorneys, financial advisors, valuation specialists and other professionals as needed
We are here to help you work through the various administrative steps of an estate and understand how the tax laws apply to your situation. With experience and professional guidance, you can have peace of mind as you handle the estate or trust affairs.