Investing in Resources to Grow Your Business
The private capital market is complex to navigate, fast-paced and highly regulated, leading to the need for an accounting firm that can help you cut through the noise and provide expert insights quickly. Bennett Thrasher’s high level of experience in private equity tax, audit and consulting services can help your funds and portfolio companies make strategic decisions with the assurance you need.
Our professionals specialize in services for investment companies, including private equity funds, venture capital funds, broker/dealers, investment bankers, fund of funds, mezzanine debt funds, hedge funds, registered investment advisors and family offices. Our deep understanding of how organizations in the private capital space operate creates value by reducing risk and maximizing growth opportunities.
- Fund Formation & Initial Investment
- Portfolio Management & Ongoing Fund Operations
- Portfolio Liquidation & Divestiture
Your investment company will benefit from our industry knowledge throughout each phase of a fund’s lifecycle. Bennett Thrasher will connect you with appropriate resources each stage and leverage our experience to ensure we meet your needs. Our professionals collaborate as trusted advisors to help your investment and portfolio companies reach their goals, no matter what stage of growth.
Our fund formation and initial investment services include:
- Reviewing marketing materials and fund documents
- Advising on business plans
- Consulting on general partner and carried interest issues
- Tax structuring and modeling
- Identifying federal and state tax credits and incentives
- Preparing federal and state tax returns
- IT management and consulting
- Advising on transactions and preparing buy-side quality of earnings
- Business valuations
- Purchase price allocations
As your portfolio continues to grow, new challenges come into play. Our professionals work closely with our clients as their portfolios continue to evolve to assess their current situation, plan for the future and enhance their investments’ value.
Our portfolio management and ongoing fund operations services include:
- Preparing federal and state income tax returns for investment companies and their portfolio companies
- Tax credits and incentives for investment companies and their portfolio companies
- Advising on tax issues for foreign and tax-exempt investors
- International tax compliance and strategy
- Representing clients before the IRS and other tax authorities
- Foreign reporting, including FBAR and FATCA
- Independent audits and reviews of funds, broker/dealers and portfolio companies
- Internal audit assistance
- Portfolio company internal controls evaluation and optimization
- IPO readiness
- Fraud investigations
Bennett Thrasher professionals have years of experience delivering a full range of services to our clients. We go beyond routine compliance services to help clients manage risk and create value.
Our portfolio liquidation and divestiture services include:
- Structuring the sale of portfolio companies for tax efficiencies
- Exit planning
- Succession and estate planning
- Sell-side diligence assistance and advisory
- IPO assistance
Bennett Thrasher is a registered member of the PCAOB.