Laying The Foundation For Growth
Growth-oriented construction contractors need industry-specialized accounting and tax guidance to enable sound decision-making. Bennett Thrasher has construction industry expertise and experience that separates us from other firms. Our integrated team educates and interacts with over 2,000 general contractors and specialty trade contractors in the U.S. and worldwide through our affiliations with Leading Edge Alliance and DFK International.
Specialized Services For Construction
- Financial Statement Audits – Providing U.S. and consolidated global audited financial statements upon which financial institutions, sureties and regulatory bodies can rely
- Tax Planning – Minimizing global tax burden through tax-efficient structuring of the construction business and related entities
- Tax Compliance – Ensuring worldwide tax compliance with regulatory bodies
- Tax Incentives – Taking advantage of all available incentives, such as qualified business income deductions and transferable tax credits
- SALT Planning – Planning for state and local tax (SALT) implications and complying with multi-state income and sales tax requirements
- Contract Audits – Auditing contract costs to identify gaps in internal controls over contract costs and purchasing
- Business Transformation Services – Enabling financial & operational visibility and control for fast growing companies through managed construction accounting & technology.
International Consulting for Contractors
Increasingly, general and specialty contractors in the United States are following project owners across international borders. Between unique building codes, labor force issues and a maze of regulations & cultural nuances, expanding internationally can be overwhelming. Too many contractors enter new markets unprepared, resulting in costly mistakes incurred while negotiating and bidding on contracts. Bennett Thrasher’s international accounting consultants have partnered with numerous contractors to ensure they enter the global market well-informed and prepared.
Building A Global Reputation for Excellence
For contractors already performing on a global stage, maintaining the firm’s global reputation requires delivering a consistent, high-quality product in each market. Staying on-time and within budget is no mean feat when you’re managing dozens or even hundreds of projects simultaneously on multiple continents. Our team at BT will help you keep a close eye on construction costs, watching for control flaws and inappropriately billed costs, while simultaneously scanning the horizon for new opportunities to expand your footprint.
Wherever your construction firm operates, competitive pressures and project owner demands are driving the convergence of design and construction. To deliver more efficient and cost-effective design-build services, architectural, engineering & construction companies are consolidating. This move often represents the most significant financial event for an owner. Careful M&A structuring is necessary to make sure that merger or acquisition maximizes value for both parties.
Bennett Thrasher also offers value acceleration and exit planning for contractors and construction company owners. Whether you want to transfer ownership to a family member or sell, we can help create and preserve the maximum value of your business.
If you’re looking for a partner to help you navigate your finances as you grow, we can help. Bennett Thrasher’s construction accounting team has extensive experience in financial reporting, international tax and audits. Contact Scott Hazy or Aaron Scale by calling 770.396.2200 to schedule a consultation.