Leverage Our Experience to Gain Insight and Make Critical Decisions
Being accused of fraud or discovering someone has stolen from your organization or falsified financial information is distressing. Undoubtedly, you need to figure out how it happened, who was responsible and how long the issue went unnoticed. Each moment that passes without answers to these questions costs your organization time and money.
In these instances, every decision you make is critical to the success of the overall investigation. That’s why you need experts who have extensive experience in properly conducting a corporate investigation and can communicate effectively and efficiently with your counsel, board and regulators.
Forensic Accounting & Fraud
When a client is involved in or becomes aware of potentially fraudulent activity, the professionals at Bennett Thrasher work with general and outside counsel to assist with the investigation or other forensic accounting needs. Our experts work in the areas of white-collar crime investigations, government investigations and special matters, corporate internal investigations and corporate compliance and ethics investigations.
Our team has experience investigating:
- Fraudulent conveyance and other theft and embezzlement schemes
- Inventory theft
- Payroll fraud
- Procurement/billing fraud
- Travel and entertainment (T&E) expense fraud
Breaches of Compliance
- False Claims Act qui tam investigations
- Whistleblower allegations
- Bribery/kickback schemes
- Conflicts of interest
Fraudulent Financial Reporting
- Improper disclosures
- Overstatement of assets including improper asset valuations
- Overstatement of revenues including fictitious revenue, channel stuffing and other revenue schemes
- Understatement of expenses and liabilities and earnings management
- Other intentional differences in the timing of revenues and expenses
From fraud data analysis to financial statement investigations, we work closely with our clients and their legal counsel to help inform critical decisions.