Preserve and Increase Value
As a business owner, you’ve devoted substantial time and resources to building a successful business and creating wealth. The value of your business is a critical component of tax planning, financial reporting and potential transaction activities. Discovering your business and intangible assets’ full worth can help you make decisions that will benefit you and help you plan for the future.
Bennett Thrasher’s Valuation team has extensive experience working with high net worth individuals and companies in a wide range of industries. Our comprehensive valuation team will help preserve and increase your company’s worth and your family’s wealth.
A business valuation can be a critical component of estate and income tax planning, whether you’re transferring shares of the business to family members or awarding stock options to a valued employee. A business valuation can also be a critical component of a sales or acquisition transaction.
To achieve your objectives, you need a team of experienced professionals who truly understand the purpose behind those transactions as well as the requisite professional valuation standards.
Bennett Thrasher offers planning and compliance services related to:
- Estate, gift and trust tax planning and compliance
- Transaction valuation preparation and execution
- Charitable contribution planning
- Deferred compensation analyses, including stock options, warrants and other equity-based instruments
- Merger and acquisition transactions
- S corporation conversion analyses
- Cost segmentation
- Detailed financial modeling and feasibility analyses
- Capital structure advice
- Strategic alternatives development
- Purchase price allocation
Growing businesses with increasingly complex capital structures face considerable compliance requirements. To meet these requirements, you need support from experienced professionals who understand the intricacies of valuation and accurate financial statement presentation.
Our professionals draw on valuation, accounting, corporate finance and specialized industry knowledge to provide objective, independent financial reporting valuations for businesses of all sizes. We can fulfill your financial reporting valuation needs by:
- Identifying tangible and intangible assets
- Identifying and measuring transaction purchase price consideration
- Allocating a purchase price to all acquired assets and liabilities, including intangible assets
- Analyzing impairment of goodwill and long-lived/indefinite-lived intangible assets
- Complex capital structure equity allocations, including applying current value, option pricing, forward-looking, hybrid and other recommended methods
- Valuing stock options, warrants and other equity compensation
When you’re embroiled in a divorce or other family litigation matter, avoiding a drawn-out dispute is a high priority. Achieving a quick resolution – ideally before the matter enters the courtroom – depends on a clear and complete understanding of key financial issues. That’s why you need the support from experts who have the experience, knowledge and credibility to address the key issues and develop analyses and reports that can move the matters to resolution or provide information that is helpful at trial.
Bennett Thrasher’s Valuation professionals in our Litigation Support team have many years of experience guiding clients through complex financial matters and providing advice and testimony in litigation matters, as well as in mediations and other collaborative situations.
We draw on this experience to support our opinions and recommendations with credible and thorough business valuations, financial forecasts and other analyses that are often critical to successful outcomes in divorce and family litigation matters.
Having the right expert witness adds credibility and ensures you’re prepared for trial. Drawing upon our experience and understanding of the issues involved, Bennett Thrasher’s professionals can provide valuable insight into the key business matters that are relevant to your case and their potential financial impact.
Areas we specialize in include:
- Economic loss and damage assessments
- Estate and gift tax valuation disputes
- Shareholder disputes and dissenter’s rights cases
- Business dissolutions
- Accounting and cost issues
- Regulatory and compliance issues
- Marital dissolutions
- Antitrust cases
- Contract disputes
- Alter ego tests
- Fraudulent conveyance and solvency testing