Chris Anderson is a Partner in Bennett Thrasher’s Dispute Valuation & Forensics practice. He has experience with privately held business valuation, quantification of discounts for lack of marketability, ESOP valuations, carried interest valuations and FLP valuation. Chris has significant experience in estate planning and succession planning for private business owners. He works closely with companies to plan and prepare for transition or exit events, estate planning, business divorce and marital divorce. He also works to resolve shareholder disputes related to valuation issues which may arise from shareholder buyouts or divorce. These engagements require careful consideration of the marketability and control characteristics of the subject interest along with industry expertise.
Prior to joining Bennett Thrasher LLP, Chris was a Managing Director at Intrinsic LLC, and a Partner at Adams Capital. Prior to Adams Capital, LLC, he was employed as a Senior Accountant at Ernst & Young LLP, where he worked in the assurance group performing the annual audits of mid-cap public companies in various industries.
Chris is a Certified Public Accountant, Accredited in Business Valuation and an Accredited Senior Appraiser.
- Master of Business Administration, Georgia State University
- Bachelor of Science (Management), Georgia Institute of Technology
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)American Society of Appraisers
- Boulder Estate Planning Council
- Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Denver Estate Planning Council
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants, Leadership Academy Class of 2011
- Rocky Mountain Estate Planning Council, President