Determine the Financial Impact of Loss Events
As a commercial insurance carrier, when an insured calls to report a loss incident, you have no time to lose. You need a thorough and fair analysis of the financial impact so you can reach a mutually satisfactory resolution to the claim. At the heart of property and business interruption claims is one basic question: What would the business have earned if this event had not occurred?
To answer this question, you need an in-depth and thorough analysis of the company’s operations and financial performance.
Determining the financial impact of a loss involves more than simply reviewing historical profit-and-loss statements. Other factors can dramatically impact the final calculation, such as the planned introduction of new service lines, entry of new competitors or other market changes that could affect a business’s performance and results.
Bennett Thrasher can assist you and help simplify the claims process by:
- Calculating the impact of business interruption lost profits and extra expenses
- Assessing and quantifying property loss, including value to replace those assets
- Serving as an expert witness to support our findings in litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Tracing and investigating losses in fidelity and fraud cases
- Preparing business income value studies to assist in determining loss exposure
Our team of forensic accountants and consultants represent insurance carriers throughout the U.S. and internationally. This experience gives us a unique and thorough understanding of the circumstances that can affect a loss event’s financial impact and our insight helps to ensure a timely and amicable resolution.
Bennett Thrasher provides forensic accounting and litigation support for a wide range of commercial insurance claims, including:
- Business Interruption & Extra Expense
- Property Damage
- Lost Profits
- Stock & Contents
- Fidelity, Employee Dishonesty & Surety
- Products Liability & Recall
- Builders’ Risk
- Reported Values
- Litigation Support