Rick Bennett is Co-Founding Partner of Bennett Thrasher. Prior to Rick and Co-Founder Ken Thrasher establishing the firm in 1980, Rick worked in the Atlanta office of Price Waterhouse LLP from 1974 to 1980 as an Audit Senior and Tax Manager. He has extensive experience in mergers, acquisitions, business consulting and financing, as well as corporate, partnership and individual income tax planning.
He has managed tax planning work for manufacturing, construction contracting and real estate companies and has clients in a variety of industries, including real estate development, mining, heavy construction, equipment sales and leasing, printing, paper manufacturing, advertising, cable television, wholesale supply and construction contracting industries. Rick also has experience with succession planning for beverage distributors. In addition, he has significant experience consulting with closely-held and family-owned businesses.
- Bachelor of Science (Accounting), Georgia State University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of CPAs (GSCPA)
- DFK USA, Past President
- Kate’s Club, Advisory Board
- Kennesaw State University, Board of Trustees
- Shepherd Center, Advisory Board
- Steer Smart, Board of Directors