Navigating Risks & Opportunities
Wholesale distributors and manufacturers face new challenges every day. From aggressive state and local tax regulations to increasing control by suppliers over inventory flow, it is necessary to trim costs and manage headcounts to maintain profitability.
At the same time, opportunities are emerging as federal and state governments offer several tax incentives to stimulate this vital sector of the economy. Bennett Thrasher can provide expert guidance to help you take advantage of these opportunities and avoid unnecessary risks.
We seek to understand all aspects of your unique manufacturing and distribution business, from inventory tracking and cost accounting to your global expansion plans. This allows us to recommend strategies to maximize profitability, growth and cash flow while mitigating market risks.
Our services include:
- Minimizing exposure to international income taxes
- Reducing your effective federal and state and local tax (SALT) rates
- Working with our manufacturing tax credit consultants to take advantage of the R&D Tax Credit and Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Minimizing income tax through creation of interest charge-domestic international sales corporation (IC-DISC)
- Structuring tax-efficient merger and acquisition transactions
- Accelerating depreciation deductions with cost segregation studies
- Consulting on capitalizing versus expensing repair and maintenance costs
- Preparing transfer pricing studies to establish prices for transactions with related entities and comply with U.S. and foreign jurisdiction requirements
Bennett Thrasher’s manufacturing and distribution advisors have the knowledge and expertise to help you enhance operations, navigate changing market conditions and grow your business.
We are highly knowledgeable about the industry and can help you with:
- Product cost analysis to maximize profitability
- Technology services
- Inventory management and controls system design
- Budgeting and cash flow projections
- Benchmarking and metric analysis
- Business valuations
- Succession planning
- Business process re-engineering
- Strategic planning
Whatever your needs, we can provide timely and accurate information critical to your success.
Bennett Thrasher believes in serving our clients by building trust through insight and involvement.
If you’re looking for a proactive business partner to help you grow your manufacturing or distribution business, we can help. Contact Rick Rosell or David Kloess to schedule a consultation.