Stefon is a Director and Dallas Market Leader in Bennett Thrasher’s Financial Reporting & Assurance group. He brings over 24 years of experience in serving companies from the startup and developmental stage to publicly traded companies. His industry experience includes manufacturing and distribution, construction, banking, insurance, hospitality and not for profit organizations.
Prior to joining Bennett Thrasher, Stefon spent five years at Weaver & Tidwell LLP in the Audit Department while also helping to launch the Weaver internal coaching program. Prior to joining Weaver Stefon spent eleven years at Montgomery Coscia Greilich (MCG). While at MCG Stefon oversaw the development of not for profit audit practice and also worked on publicly traded companies across multiple industries. Prior to joining MCG Stefon worked at Grant Thornton primarily focused on publicly traded manufacturing and distribution companies as well as 401K audits.
In addition to core audit engagements, Stefon has experience in mergers and acquisitions, purchase price allocations, internal control compliance and SEC reporting.
Stefon is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in Texas.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting), Angelo State University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA)
- EPOG Academy, Board Member & Treasurer
- Let Love Rule, Board Member & Treasurer
- The ChildCare Group of Dallas, Board Member & Finance Committee Member