Jenna Walker is a Partner in Bennett Thrasher’s Tax practice, with expertise in real estate, hospitality and inbound international taxation. She has worked extensively with nonresidents investing in the United States through private equity and closely-held structures. She understands the complex issues facing foreign investors, such as the Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA) and U.S. withholding tax obligations on nonresidents. Jenna has a focus in the hospitality sector, working closely with hotel owners and managers operating under globally recognized brands located around the world. She has an in-depth understanding of tax planning for partnership structures foreign and domestically owned.
Jenna is a Certified Public Accountant with more than 15 years of public accounting experience. She joined Bennett Thrasher in 2006. Jenna began her career in 2002 in a public accounting firm in Georgia, where she worked with closely-held businesses providing payroll, sales, bookkeeping and income tax services.
Jenna has been published in the following outlets:
- Guide to US Real Estate Investing  Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate, Chapters 16 and 18
- Tax Issues for Entities with Foreign Owners, Southern Federal Tax Institute, 2016
- Master in Taxation, Georgia State University
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Accountancy), Brenau University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of CPAs (GSCPA)