State Income Tax Director
Bennett Thrasher (“BT”) has an opening for a State Income Tax Director. The State Income Tax Director will lead the Firm’s efforts in building a successful state income tax consulting practice as well as supporting the Firm’s income tax compliance practices.
The State Income Tax Director will be supported by the Firm’s existing state and local tax practice including CPAs and attorneys with state income tax compliance and research and writing experience. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, eager to build their own practice and their own path to partnership.
At Bennett Thrasher, we offer the expertise and opportunities of a large accounting firm, while providing a commitment to culture and a family-like work atmosphere. By joining our firm, you’ll have immediate opportunities to collaborate on meaningful work with clients in a variety of industries and work together with other associates across practices. You will not only be able to dive into challenging projects with a diverse set of clients, but also have opportunities to participate in firm activities that reflect your individual passions; from our Business Resource Groups to the BT Foundation.
We work hard to help our clients solve challenges, but we also believe in taking time for what matters and offer benefits for you that reflect this mindset. We offer a competitive benefits program that includes generous vacation time, exceptional opportunities for growth and flexibility in both our dress code and work model. Apply today to learn more about how you can excel in a career with Bennett Thrasher.
- Identifying, selling, and managing state income tax consulting projects (e.g., sales factor sourcing studies, nexus studies, P.L. 86-272 studies)
- Supporting the Firm’s income tax compliance practices through providing guidance on state income tax issues that arise
- Proactively following and alerting the Firm’s tax compliance practices of any state income tax developments that impact the Firm’s clients (e.g., PTET elections, newly adopted P.L. 86-272 interpretation)
- Developing state income tax workpapers with the assistance of existing state and local tax personnel for the Firm’s income tax compliance groups
- Overseeing the creation of client-facing state income tax alerts
- Hiring and managing a dedicated state income tax consulting team as the practice grows
- 6+ years of state income tax experience
- A thorough understanding of pertinent state income tax issues for C corporations, pass-through entities, and individuals
- Experience managing or working closely with state income tax compliance (i.e., tax return) engagements
- Bachelor’s degree; and
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA
- Licensed attorney
- Preferred advanced degree such as Master of Taxation or LLM in Taxation
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
Bennett Thrasher is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex; pregnancy; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.