Scott Hazy is a Partner in Bennett Thrasher’s Financial Reporting & Assurance department. Scott has extensive experience working with both privately-held and publicly- traded companies. He has been involved with companies in the manufacturing & distribution, construction, printing and service industries. In addition, he has assisted companies in the international arena. His international experience includes working with companies from Western Europe, Mexico and Canada. He has assisted many of these foreign companies to acquire U.S.-based companies.
Prior to joining Bennett Thrasher, from 1988 to 2001, Scott was with BDO Seidman, the world’s sixth largest accounting and consulting organization, where he became a Partner in 1995. From 1984 to 1988, Scott worked in the Atlanta office of Touche Ross & Co. (now Deloitte and Touche, LLP).
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting), Georgia State University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- DFK International Board, Past President
- Georgia Society of CPAs (GSCPA)
- German American Chamber of Commerce
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- KSU School of Construction Management Advisory Board