Chief People Officer
Melisa Cook serves as Bennett Thrasher’s Chief People Officer. Responsible for the firm’s People department and people experience, Melisa plays an important role in orchestrating key hires in new and emerging markets and continuing to build upon the firm’s culture of inclusivity and flexibility.
Recently serving as PwC’s Southeast Market People Leader, Melisa brings Big Four accounting firm experience to BT. With more than 20 years of experience, Melisa implemented PwC’s National Human Capital and Inclusion strategy and has excelled at leading a variety of initiatives, including career development, executive coaching, facilitation of learning, diversity & inclusion, as well as recruiting and retention.
Beginning her career with the United Way of Metro Atlanta, Melisa brings the nonprofit organizational culture and people-first mindset to her work.
- Bachelor of Science (Communication), Kennesaw State University
- Ascend, Member
- Association for Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting, Member
- National Association of Black Accountants, Member
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) Certification
- Senior Human Resources Professional (SPHR) Certification
- Society of Human Resources (SHRM), Member