Delivering the Experience and Insight to Achieve Your Mission
Today’s not-for-profit organization faces high expectations of transparency, accountability and strong corporate governance. With personal and organizational reputation on the line, you can’t afford to trust your financial or OMB Uniform Guidance audit to an inexperienced firm.
Not-for-Profit Accounting Experience
At Bennett Thrasher, we take your accounting, audit and tax reporting as seriously as you do. One of the largest full-service CPA and consulting firms in Georgia, we have been serving the not-for-profit community for more than 30 years. Our client base includes many nationally known and growing nonprofit organizations in sectors such as:
- Private foundations
- Scientific and educational institutions
- Economic development organizations
- Charities and social service organizations
- Professional and trade associations
- Arts and cultural organizations
Cutting Edge Not-for-Profit Accounting Services
As a Bennett Thrasher client, you will receive close attention from our most experienced not-for-profit accounting and tax professionals. You also can expect to see the same team members year after year, so you will benefit from their accumulated knowledge of your systems and processes.
We invest time and resources to stay on the cutting edge of not-for-profit regulations and accounting guidance. We attend forums such as the American Institute of CPAs’ National Not-For-Profit Industry Conference and the Not-for-Profit Governance Forum, where we come together with other nonprofit practitioners and financial executives to discuss current challenges facing this vital sector.
Drawing on this deep technical and industry knowledge, Bennett Thrasher helps not-for-profit boards and executives fulfill their fiduciary and governance responsibilities through comprehensive audit and tax services, including:
- Audits of financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and Government Auditing Standards
- Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Uniform Guidance (single audits) and filing of data collection forms
- Preparation and filing of Form 990 federal tax returns
- Consultation on preparation of required communication from those charged with governance
- Communication of internal controls related to matters identified in an audit
Arming You with Knowledge
Knowledge is power. Making the best decisions to protect your organization and achieve its mission requires you to be informed on the latest governance, regulatory, legislative and other industry developments. That is why our nonprofit team will meet with your board and management team several times throughout the year to arm you with our insights on your evolving landscape, as well as best practices in governance and internal controls.
The Bennett Thrasher Foundation
Just like you, we are committed to giving back to our own community. Through the Bennett Thrasher Foundation, our partners and associates give their talents, gifts and service to charitable organizations fostering the long-term development and success of individuals in the Greater Atlanta area.