Bennett Thrasher recently hosted the eighth annual Break Through Conference, a two-day summer leadership event for 65 undergraduate students. This year’s virtual conference, which was the largest since its inception, attracted students from over 15 colleges and universities across the country, including the University of Georgia, Auburn University and Kennesaw State University.
The conference presented attendees with the opportunity to network with BT partners and associates to learn more about the accounting industry and the firm’s unique culture and offerings. Although limited to virtual interactions, student attendees were encouraged to ask questions, and those who engaged with others were rewarded with fun prizes throughout the week. Additional highlights from the conference included:
- Opening remarks from Jeff Eischeid, Managing Partner; Rick Bennett, Co-Founding Partner; Ken Thrasher, Co-Founding Partner; Cory Bennett, Financial Reporting & Assurance Partner; and Michael Thrasher, Tax Partner
- Presentations covering a variety of general accounting topics, including Tax vs. Financial Reporting & Assurance, hosted by James Johnson and Julie Meadows, and Understanding Public Accounting, hosted by Peter Sengson, Brooke Vogt, Alida Rodriguez and Ryan Dowdy
- Conversations with leaders of the firm’s specialty practices, including Transaction Advisory Services, State & Local Tax, Credits & Incentives, Valuation, BT Wealth Management and Risk Advisory Services
- Information sessions that shared more about BT’s culture and values, including the BT Foundation, Diversity & Inclusion Committee and Toastmasters
- Swag bags for attendees filled with BT-branded shirts, socks and pens as well as a personalized welcome letter from BT’s Chief Human Resources Officer
Bennett Thrasher is passionate about connecting with the next generation of accounting and financial professionals and encourages students to monitor our website and apply for open positions. To learn more about Bennett Thrasher’s Break Through Conference and internship opportunities, contact Jabari Scott by calling 770.396.2200 or visit BT’s careers site at www.btcareers.net.