At Bennett Thrasher, we absolutely love having interns, and with the New Year already beginning, Spring Internships will soon be starting.
For all of the students participating in internship programs this spring, we would like to take this opportunity to give some helpful tips about preparing for and being successful throughout your internship.
- Purpose – Remember that your ultimate goal is to get a full time offer and your internship is a wonderful opportunity to show off your talents and at the same time figure out if the firm is the right fit for your long term goals.
- Learn – This is probably the first time you will be able to put all that you have learned in the classroom to practice. Take advantage of the learning opportunity and the resources you have around you.
- Ask Questions – Don't be afraid to ask questions?but, don't forget to write down the answers. Associates will be happy to answer your questions, but will get frustrated if they have to answer the same questions over and over again.
- Attitude – A good attitude goes a long way! Be willing to help out wherever needed.
- Professionalism – You will work with and report to people that may be only a few years older than you, which means that oftentimes good friendships are made. This is a great thing, but it is important to remember to keep work relationships professional.
- Client Etiquette – Make sure you talk to your senior before you go to a client site to find out what is appropriate. Many clients will have different dress codes and expectations so it is always good to figure that out before you show up to the client site.
- Feedback – Do ask for feedback. Ask the person you are reporting to what the evaluation process is. Once you receive feedback, make sure you stay positive. Constructive criticism is giving for your benefit so that you can improve; take it as a compliment.
- Involvement – Get involved with the firm and its people. In this profession, there are times that you will work a lot so you want to make sure that you enjoy working with the people and that the firm culture is one that fits you.
BT Recruiting Updates
Bennett Thrasher had a great fall recruiting season! In August, we had a total of 160 associates; with the combined campus and experienced hiring that have taken place this fall, we will have increased the total number of associates to 198 by this time next year. The best news is we are not done hiring! If you are interested in an opportunity at Bennett Thrasher, visit our campus and experienced opportunities or contact Stephanie Crawford at 770.396.2200.