Insurance Claims Services
Determining Financial Impact of Loss Events
As a commercial insurance carrier, when an insured calls to report a loss incident, you have no time to lose. You need a thorough and fair analysis of the financial impact so you can reach a mutually satisfactory resolution to the claim.
At the heart of property and business interruption claims is one basic question: What would the business have earned if this event had not occurred?
This seemingly simple question involves an in-depth and thorough analysis of the company's operations and financial performance. Simply reviewing historical profit-and-loss statements won't suffice. Other factors can have a dramatic impact on the final calculation-factors such as the planned introduction of new service lines, entry of new competitors or other market changes that could affect the performance of the insured's business.
Bennett Thrasher can assist you and simplify the claims process by:
- Calculating the impact of business interruption lost profits and extra expense
- Assessing and quantifying property loss, including value to replace those assets
- Serving as expert witnesses to support our findings in litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Tracing and investigating losses in fidelity and fraud cases
- Preparing business income value studies to assist in determining loss exposure
Our CPAs and forensic accountants have represented insurance carriers throughout the United States as well as internationally. This combined experience means that we thoroughly understand the circumstances that can affect the financial impact of a loss event, and we can provide the insight that will enable you to achieve a timely and amicable resolution.
Bennett Thrasher provides forensic accounting and litigation support in a wide range of commercial insurance claims, including:
- Business Interruption & Extra Expense
- Property Damage
- Lost Profits
- Stock & Contents
- Fidelity, Employee Dishonesty & Surety
- Products Liability & Recall
- Builders' Risk
- Reported Values
- Litigation Support