Leveraging Our forensic accounting Experience to Gain Insight and Make Critical Decisions
It’s unnerving when your organization or client is accused of fraud, or when you discover someone has stolen from your organization or falsified its financial information. Undoubtedly, you’ll need to answer some very critical questions including, how did this happen? Who is responsible? For how long did this go on? Each moment that passes without answers to these questions costs your organization time and money.
In these moments, every decision moving forward is critical to the success of the overall investigation. Knowing how to properly conduct a corporate investigation and communicate with your outside / in-house counsel, your board and its committees, as well as interfacing with regulators, is imperative. In these critical moments there is no substitute for experience.
Forensic Accounting & Fraud Investigation
When a client is involved in, or becomes aware of potential fraudulent activity, Bennett Thrasher’s forensic accountants will work with general and outside counsel to help with the investigation or other forensic accounting needs. Our team works regularly in the areas of white collar crime investigations, government investigations and special matters, corporate internal investigations and corporate compliance and ethics investigations.
Our team has experience investigating:
- Asset Misappropriation
- Fraudulent conveyance and other theft & embezzlement schemes
- Inventory theft
- Payroll fraud
- Procurement / billing fraud
- Travel and entertainment (T&E) fraud
- Breaches of Compliance
- False Claims Act qui tam investigations
- Whistleblower allegations
- Bribery / kickback schemes
- Conflicts of interest
- Fraudulent Financial Reporting
- Improper disclosures
- Overstatement of assets including improper asset valuations
- Overstatement of revenues including fictitious revenue, channel stuffing and other revenue schemes
- Understatement of expenses and liabilities and earnings management
- Other intentional differences in timing of revenues and expenses
Our forensic accounting team can provide a full suite of services for any corporate investigation. From fraud data analysis to financial statement investigations, we work with closely with the client and their legal counsel to help inform critical decisions.