Managing Risk and Growth while Preserving Financial Health
Protecting your organization's assets and reputation as you grow is a top priority whether you own, manage or represent a hospital system, managed care organization, pharmaceutical/ biotech company, senior care/home health/hospice organization, physician practice, or another type of healthcare entity.
Audit & Accounting Services for Healthcare
With comprehensive offerings of compliance, financial advisory, strategic, and traditional services, Bennett Thrasher draws on a depth of experience and resources to help healthcare entities manage risk and grow. While we tailor our engagements to your needs, representative examples of our experiences include the following:
- Government enforcement support, including serving as an Independent Review Organization and managing compliance with Corporate Integrity Agreements (CIA)
- Regulatory compliance reviews to assess gaps in compliance with Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse regulations
- Forensic investigations to trace assets and financial transactions in fraud investigations, intellectual property and other corporate disputes, including expert witness testimony and other litigation support services
- Structuring of mergers and acquisitions to achieve maximum after-tax returns
- Objective business valuations and comprehensive due diligence to support transactions
- Traditional audit, tax, and accounting services
Regulatory Compliance: Prevent Abuse & Fraud
Proactive compliance is one essential element to achieving those goals. The regulatory landscape for healthcare providers and payers has never been more treacherous, especially when it comes to Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse. One misstep and you could face settlement payments and fines, a protracted legal battle and a public black eye-not to mention the possibility of exclusion from Medicare and other federal healthcare programs. You need to prevent violations, or detect them before they become an issue, and respond appropriately.
Efficient Mergers & Acquisitions
Strategic mergers and acquisitions also may be key elements to achieving your goals. We can help you take advantage of growth opportunities in this arena. Healthcare providers considering acquiring or joining a hospital system or taking on a private equity investment need guidance to structure the transaction in a manner that maximizes their return on investment (after tax). On the buy side, hospital systems and private equity groups need thorough due diligence to validate the financials and evaluate business trends that can affect a target's quality of earnings. On the sell side, stakeholders need advisory services to maximize asset value and facilitate an efficient and timely transaction.
Contact a Professional Today
Bennett Thrasher has a deep understanding of the healthcare industry based on years of serving clients throughout the country. It is these experiences that bring value to you and your organization. When your healthcare organization requires the assistance of dedicated healthcare accountants and consultants, contact Michael Dukes or call 770.396.2200 for a confidential consultation.